Your Official Weekly Guide to Ames Running
Visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/amesrunners
Visit Team Vardo at www.teamvardo.com
Ames Runnin’ Stuff This Weekend
Saturday, December 9th Team Vardo Group Run: 5 & 10 Mile Routes by Routemaster Bonnie Skjordal; Info is below…
Also on Saturday, December 9th: Santa’s Snow Shuffle 5K (Cedar Falls); Info is below…
2018 Leprechaun Chase 10K
From the Bonnie Skjordal
The schedule calls for 5 & 10 miles on Saturday. Here are two 5 mile routes for your running pleasure. Let’s start at 7 at The Café. I will be there to start you off, but will not be joining you on the run and will need to head to DM shortly after that. Is there anyone willing to let me use their car to house the post-run refreshments? I would much appreciate it.
5 mile route #1
www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=594724; From The Café, head north on Stange to Bloomington. East on Bloomington to Grand. South on Grand to 16th. West on 16th to Ridgewood. Head in a northwesterly direction on Ridgewood to 20th and then jig jog over to Hayes where you will continue in a northwesterly direction to 24. West on 24th to Stange. North on Stange back home to The Café.
Go in for Paul’s favorite “Toad in the Hole”, or grab some water and head out for 5 more.
5 mile route #2
From The Café, head south on Stange to University. East on University to 6th. Continue eastish on 6th to Northwestern. North on Northwestern to 24th. West on 24th to Stange. North on Stange back home to The Café.
Final ARS by Waldo
I will post my final ARS on Thursday, December 28th. This date will fall on my retirement date from Iowa DOT. It’s been a great run!
Semi-organized group runs during the next week:
Feel free to shortcut any of these routes if they’re longer than you feel like running!
- Saturday, December 9th @ 7:00 AM: 5 & 10 Mile routes from Routemaster Bonnie Skjordal; Info is above…
- Tuesday, December 12th @ 5:30 PM: Team Vardo group runs; Route and length will be determined on-site; Meet at the City Hall Gym south door
- Thursday, December 14th @ 5:30 PM: Variable distance group run; Meet at Ada Hayden Park north lot
Check out www.teamvardo.com for suggested daily workouts.
Ames Area Runnin’, Swimmin’ & Bikin’ Stuff thru December
- Saturday, December 9th @ 8:00 AM: Santa’s Snow Shuffle 5K (Cedar Falls); http://www.communitymainstreet.org/hoopla/events/santas-snow-shuffle-5k-fun-runwalk.aspx
- Sunday, December 31st @ 9:00 AM: Pedaling for Autism on the HTT 12M & 25M (Madrid); http://www.bikeiowa.com/Event/11336/pedaling-for-autism
Coming Up in 2018
- Sunday, January 14th: Triple D Winter Race 50K, Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K (Dubuque)
- Sunday, January 28th: Iowa Games Winter 5K (Dubuque)
- Sunday, January 28th: Icebreaker Indoor Triathlon (WDM YMCA)
- Saturday, February 3rd: Rosy Cheeks 5K (Story City)
- Saturday, February 3rd: BRR Ride (Perry)
- Saturday, February 10th: Red Flannel Run (Des Moines)
- Saturday, March 10th: Leprechaun Chase 10K (Des Moines)
- Saturday, March 17th: O’Round the Loch ½ M, 10K, 5K & 1.7M Runs (Emmetsburg)
- Saturday, April 7th: Loop the Lake 10K (Des Moines)
- Sunday, April 8th: Fight for Air Climb (Des Moines)
- Sunday, April 8th: St. Louis Marathon
- Sunday, April 22nd: Drake Relays Road Race (Drake Stadium)
- Sunday, April 29th: Run CRANDIC Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K (Iowa City)
- Sunday, May 6th: Des Moines Women’s Half Marathon
- Sunday, May 6th: Lincoln Marathon & Half Marathon (Lincoln, NE)
- Saturday, May 13th: Market to Market Relay (Jefferson to Principal Park)
- Thursday, May 31st: KANDANGO Rides (Manhattan, KS)
- Saturday, June 2nd: Final Dam to Dam Race (Saylorville Dam to Cowles Commons)
- Friday, June 8th: Relay Iowa (Sioux City to Dubuque)
- Saturday, June 9th: Pedal Chichaqua Valley Trail (Bondurant)
- Saturday, June 16th: Run to Exile (Des Moines)
- Saturday, June 16th: BACooN Ride 5 (Waukee)
- Saturday, June 16th: Grandma’s Marathon (Duluth)
- Saturday, June 30th: Central Iowa Tour de Cure (Urbandale)
- July 22nd thru July 28th: RAGBRAI
- Saturday, July 28th: Bix 7 Road Race (Davenport)
- Sunday, October 7th: Twin Cities Marathon (Minneapolis)
- Saturday, October 13th: Whistlestop Marathon (Ashland, WI)
- Sunday, October 21st: Des Moines Marathon